Created by Sarah Bell Nutrition for Halo Top
Makes 12 large donuts
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
· 1 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
· 3/4 cup almond meal
· 3 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp vanilla essence
· 1/2 cup honey
· 1/2 cup rice bran oil
· 3 eggs
· 250g greek yoghurt
· 1 cup icing sugar
· 1 tub of Halo Top Birthday ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease 2 donut tins, holding 6 donuts each.
3. In a large bowl sift the spelt flour and baking powder.
4. Add the almond meal and stir through.
5. In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla essence, honey, rice bran oil and eggs.
6. Spoon mixture into donut moulds so that the mixture comes about 1/2 cm below the middle donut hole line.
7. Place donuts in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove from over and allow to cool before glazing.
9. To make glaze, whisk together greek yoghurt and icing sugar in a small bowl.
10. Glaze donuts by placing one at a time face down in the glaze. Twist the donut as you pull it back out of the glaze.
11. Top with sprinkles and a scoop of Birthday Cake Halo Top.