Created by Shelley Judge for Halo Top
· 150g digestive biscuits (or any wheat biscuits)
· 50g butter, melted
· 2 x tubs Halo Top Salted Caramel Ice-cream
· 50g dark chocolate, melted
· ½ cup pretzels
· 1 cup caster sugar
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Blitz the digestive biscuits in the food processor and stir in melted butter until combined and biscuits mixture begins to stick together. Line the base of a 7inch spring form tin with baking paper. Then press the biscuit mixture into the base of the tin. Bake in the oven for 10-15min. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
2. Remove Halo Top from the freezer and scoop onto the biscuit base. Use a palette knife to smooth out over base. Return to the freezer for 30mins.
3. Meanwhile make the caramel sauce, Melt the sugar on a low heat in a small saucepan, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Once the sugar is all melted and a light auburn colour remove from heat and first in the cream and butter continuing to stir until it stops bubbling.
4. Once the caramel mixture is cool, drizzle the cake with 1/3 cup caramel sauce, melted dark chocolate and top with crushed pretzels.
5. Store in the freezer until ready to serve!